November 15, 2008

Morning Spoilers !

 I love mornings, I would like to say that I am a 'morning person' but I would refrain from making any such comments, which involve commitments! I love mornings for a walk with our "Waghya", a steaming cuppa coffee and pile of newspapers to contemplate, comment and criticise… Hot Pohe or Upma is a dollop or ice cream on strawberries!

 I can live without that dollop, but I hate that I ever woke up when those strawberries are not on the platter. 

That empty morning starts with me waking up by the irritating noise of water spilling over the overhead tank and I have to rush on the terrace in the chilly morning to turn the valve and stop the flow. By the time I am in the warm bed again, I am sneezing incessantly. 

I get out of the room, I find my dog unusually happy, I ignore him and go to fix myself a coffee and find out the empty jar of Café Sunrise as I am digesting the fact that I have to settle on tea rather than coffee I understand that our paperboy is unusually late and then realise that I have to run from one paper stall to another to gather all the required papers. I come home to an uneasy family all-anxious to know what all ‘really’ happened yesterday.

I manage with cornflakes n cold milk and as I dig into the Express- Op-Ed  I hear annoying than-than-than of ‘dry waste collector’ I see baba shaking his head and aai tossing vegetables with a hand and busy in deep discussion on phone. I find out ‘dry waste bin’ empty, thanks to Waghya who spent the night sniffing and playing with the dustbin. ‘Happy dog mystery’ solved. I never understand why dogs like to play with all dirty things? The smellier the better…he sure had his dollop over strawberries yesterday. My yelling at him is answered by he-is-just-a-dog-YOU-forgot-to-keep-the-bin-inside sentences. 

Knowing that nothing can mend my morning I am rescheduling my day with happier things first… and Waghya looks at me with “ I am sorry, but I cant help my sniffing, after all I am Labrador retriever, a sniffer dog” face, (damn that cute little face) but my anger is mellowed. 

After all every dog has his day !

2 comments: